Yoga for Fertility
Motherhood is one of the most joyful experiences in a woman’s life. Unfortunately, not everyone may get to experience it. Have you been ‘hoping’ or ‘trying’ for your little bundle of joy? If you have, you are not alone. There has been a steady rise in the number of couples seeking counseling and treatment for infertility. Long working hours, demanding schedules, and sky high ambitions have ensured that modern lives are stressful. The resultant whirlwind lifestyle has led to fertility issues among the populace.
What causes infertility?
Infertility is on the rise among both men and women. Anxiety, depression, guilt, and stress can significantly reduce fertility rates. However, stress is the main factor that can upset your plans of raising a family. So, how do you get rid of this stress and improve fertility in a natural way? Yoga may be the answer you are looking for. While yoga does not guarantee conception, it can improve your fertility rate and chances of conceiving.
Yoga poses or asanas help develop a hospitable body and calm mind, thus preparing you for childbirth. When you get bogged down with infertility issues, yoga boosts your spirits and encourages a positive outlook.
How does yoga boost fertility?
Yoga asanas have several benefits for general overall health. However, for issues relating to fertility, yoga can help in the following ways:
Yoga stimulates the ovaries and uterus
- Strengthens and stretches the back muscles
- Purifies the energy channels, flushing out toxins from the body
- Makes the groin and hips flexible
- Stretches the neck muscles and makes the spine more flexible
Improves blood flow and supply to reproductive organs
- Relieves back and leg ache
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Reduces tension, mood swings and depression
- Enables smooth delivery
Top 10 Yoga Poses That Help Boost Fertility
- Is a famous remedy for managing menstrual cramps and, also helpful in managing menopause stage. Due to its empowering effects on the uterus of a woman, Surya Namaskar Yoga also helps in making child birth comparatively easier.
- Improves sexual functions of the body. Eradicates any internal flaws related to malfunctioning of sexual glands. Also, promotes healthy sexual appetite in a person.
This yoga reduces Stress & Anxiety. As stress is the major reason behind infertility.
- This asana stretches the muscles on your lower back, hips & hamstrings.
- It improves fertility in women as it vitalises important organs like Ovaries & Stomach while reducing mental stress.
This Yoga pose makes your body flexible & releasing all stress from the abdomen area
- This yoga asana is not only crucial for conceiving but is also useful during pregnancy.
- It stretches the calves & the hamstrings of your body while relaxing the muscles of the abdomen
- It improves flexibility while stretching the muscles of your inner thighs, genitals, hip area & knees.
- It is one of the more helpful fertility yoga exercises and it can also help in smoother & less painful delivery when the time arrives.
NADI SHODDAN PRANAYAMA
Anulom Vilom or Alternate Nostril Breathing
It purifies your body from negative emotions, stress & depression
- Relieve stress & increase blood flow.
- This asana stretches the muscles of your back, knees, hips & thighs
Helps improve pelvic blood circulation & increase the mobility of your sperm count